Sunday, November 28, 2010

SHAWL



yes I made that!!!!! go figure...our church has a mission shawl group and they make shawl for those who have been sick-just need a wee bit of a pick me up- or who ever the group thinks needs some warmth and love...

i haven't crocheted in maybe 15-20 yrs and thought i can do that again and it would give me something to do while watching tv (football games)...so a couple iof weeks agao i talked to one of th group about patterns and was given a couple...so when we got home i went to my box of yarn (yep i still had some it dosen't spoil) and i thought i had enough to tackle a shawl..so i read and read the directions several times and said to myself i can do this...so i started...ripped it out several times and then began to think NO way do i remember how to do this...but i continued to try and low and behold it started to come together and look like something....i know that there are probally mistakes in it but i didn't see them and took it to church this morning to give to the ladies in charge of the mission..and can you believe i have now even started on a second one...

so i guess it is not too late to pick up something you might have done many years ago and start doing it again...i just thought while traveling around maybe i could crochet while riding (not sure as i do get nauseated while reading) and do something worthwhile...it will be worth a try..if not while riding i can work on it while watching tv in the evening unless something else is going on...maybe even around a camp fire....

so this has been my sunday thing tpo do while watching football...(also the rest of the week in the evening..

so it is now time to go to some more on the second one...it is sunday and football will be on soon...

1 comment:

  1. I have just started to catch up with my blog reading and I went to this one first and what do I find out????? Tracy is crocheting. You rock girl! I'll be happy to see what you are making.

    ReplyDelete